Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My First grown up Quilt

This is the first quilt I made as a grown-up! It was cut with scissors, and I started it in the mid 1980's. It was to be for my son't new trundle bed, but it became a joke that he might get it in time for college. The quilt was finally finished sometime after my marriage to Eric, in late 1999 when we were in Florida. I had brought all the pieces with me and finally finished getting it together and machine quilted. Russell was married by the time he got this qult! He still loves it though, and curls up in it on the couch. This was all before Olfa mats and cutters. It is a miracle it got finished, and that there was enough fabric and I didn't loose half of the pieces as it had quite a journey from it's beginning in Lufkin Texas to the end in Florida.

0 Comments: